4503 Saxon Drive, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Offered at $575,000. Step into a move-in ready beachside home located in New Smyrna Beach. Two bedrooms, two baths. The quiet subdivision of Silver Sands is located in NSB on one of Volusia County’s most desirable barrier islands. This home is minutes away from the islands most coveted amenities. Enjoy a variety of birds, bunnies and tortoises that visit the private serene backyard on a daily basis, a perfect space for enjoying ocean breezes and the laidback NSB lifestyle. Sellers have meticulously maintained all systems and have an optional transferrable flood policy (home located in X low risk flood zone). Walk to the beach or boat/SUP/kayak launch to estuary & ICW, golf cart to Flagler Avenue for restaurants and shopping.
4503 Saxon Drive Home Facts and System Information
- New Roof January 2021
- New AC December 2022
- Kitchen appliances 2018
- Impact windows throughout plus accordion storm shutters and corrugated steel shutters.
- Hardie board siding
- New pavers and landscaping 2018
- Updated kitchen
- Forevermark solid wood cabinets, glass door add ons.
- Fiberglass septic tank inspected annually
- Luxury Vinyl Tile throughout
- 6 foot wood fence with two gates.
- 10×10 wind rated yard shed
- Underground electric service line
- Electrical panel 2018
4503 Saxon Drive Proximity to Amenities of New Smyrna Beach
- 8 minute walk to public beach access at Hiles Blvd (0.4 miles)
- 2 minute walk to kayak/SUP/boat launch (0.2 miles)
- 15 minute walk to neighborhood beach access, no public parking (0.7 miles)
- 7 minute bike ride to Indian River Lagoon park, with nature trails and dock access.
- 20 minute walk/5 minute bike ride to Matthews Plaza – Bakers Table, Touch of Italy, Moes, C’s Waffles, and Dollar General Grocery.
- 6 minute drive/golf car ride to Publix Grocery and Indian River Plaza- banks, liquor store, restaurants, hair/nails, Bealls department store. (3 miles)
- 9 minute drive/golf cart ride to Flagler Avenue shops, restaurants, and bars. (3.9 miles)
- 12 minute drive to North Causeway boat ramps (5.2 miles)
- 10 minute drive to Historic Downtown Canal Street shops and restaurants (5.4 miles)
A little more information about New Smyrna Beach
New Smyrna Beach is a small beach town with a population around 32,000. The city consists of two zip codes. 32169 is known as the beachside and includes all of the barrier island along with Coronado Island (located between the barrier island and mainland along the North Causeway). 32168 consists of the mainland, all areas west of the river. New Smyrna Beach became famous because of it’s notoriety as a surf destination, however it has always been frequented by travelers from all over the world for it’s pristine beaches and small town feel. Buyers looking for an opportunity to capitalize on vacation rental income will find that the city has limited zoning for short term rentals (less than 1 month) in the single family home category, see our investment page for more information. Single family homes in New Smyrna Beach within county zoning are not permitted to short term rent. There are an abundance of condos for sale that will meet short term rental needs.
New Smyrna Beach has two “downtown” areas. Flagler Avenue is the downtown of beachside and boasts a variety of restaurants, bars and shops. Canal Street is NSB’s historic downtown. Canal Street also has a variety of restaurants and shops, and is surrounded by a gorgeous art and historic district.
Wildlife in and around NSB consists of a variety of native birds, of course marine life. Affectionately known as the “Shark Bite Capital of the World” due the large number of surfers that frequent our north jetty “The Inlet”. Not to worry, the majority of nibbles are not severe. Manatee and dolphin are seen year round in the waterways and ocean. Ospreys, blue jays, robins, sea gulls, pipers, and more are a daily sighting. Alligators are not overly abundant in the waterways but are sighted in the back waters and on golf courses in the area. A large portion of properties in NSB have a resident gopher tortoise on site. Bats are not uncommon and are protected under Florida law.
NSB is home to several golf courses: New Smyrna Beach Municipal, Hidden Lakes, Sugar Mill, Venetian Bay, and many others in neighboring cities. The Marine Discovery Center focuses on education and conservation of our gorgeous waterways and is a highlight among locals and the traveling community.
Come explore New Smyrna Beach and view 4503 Saxon Drive! Welcome to paradise.
Step in and start enjoying because all the work has been done! This immaculate beach cottage is nestled in the picturesque neighborhood of Silver Sands just a short walk to the beach and boat/kayak/SUP launch to Webster Creek and the intracoastal. Go